Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year New Surnames

       I dabbled in my family history in my late teens, but only started doing family genealogy research with the pending birth of my first child.  I thought, what stories am I going to tell her about my father or his family, because the key people to share them were no longer here.
       I ended up being at the right place at the right time, a co-worker did genealogy and offered me my first taste of research, and I was hooked.  In those days (wow that just sounds funny and like I'm so old, lol - no offense meant to anyone) I was going to the archives, library or local LDS Family History center to try to find my family roots.  The names for some of my people are so common, Charles SMITH for example, that it was hard to discern whom I belonged to, so I am thankful for the abundance of online information available now. 
       Anyway, before I babble too much, I just wanted to say, to make it fair in family research I switch off years.  On odd years I research my family and even years I research hubby's family and that works out so well, because than I know that I'm not over focusing on my side.  So this year in my family I'm going to focus on the elusive female lines in my pedigree and hopefully come up with some new family stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment